Apple Carrot Oatmeal
With Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome, when you first wake up in the morning, you may feel anxiety, dizzy, low blood sugar. Having a good nourishing breakfast make a big difference. This recipe has the needed ingredients to help balance your blood sugar and may reduce the anxiety. Add nuts as desire.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ carrot – cut in strips
- 1 cup Rice Milk (may use Hazelnut milk or almond milk)
- ½ apple – cut in strips
- Salt or sweetener to taste
- In a medium pot, add the oatmeal and carrot strips. Add enough water and 1 cup of Rice Milk, bring to boil.
- Simmer in low heat until carrot is soft (around 10-15 minutes)
- Add in Apple strips, cook until soft (5-10 minutes). Make sure there is enough water.
- Turn off fire. Season with salt or sugar to taste.
© Copyright 2015 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.