Apple Cranberry Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 4 acorn squash
- 4 apples (any kind), peeled, cored and chopped into 1/4 in cubes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut squash in halves, remove pulp and seeds.
- Place cut-side down in a large baking dish and pour boiling water into dish until about 1/4 in full.
- Bake squash for 30-45 minutes.
- While squash is baking, combine cranberries, apples, oil and cinnamon in a large bowl to create stuffing.
- Remove squash from oven, turn over to cut-side up and fill each center with stuffing mixture.
- Place dish back in oven for an additional 30-40 minutes, or until squash and apples are tender.
? Copyright 2015 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.