This apple nacho recipe is a great snack for mid afternoon where your body is lowest in energy.
- 1 large organic Granny Smith Apple
- 1 large organic Fuji Apple
- 3 tbsp organic Sunflower butter
- 1 tbsp organic Grape Seed Oil
- 2 tbsp Agave Nectar
- ? cup organic almonds ? coarsely chopped
- ? cup pecan ? coarsely chopped
- ? cup dark chocolate bits
- ? cup unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Cut the apple in half, cored. Thinly slice.
- Put the Sunflower butter, oil and Agave Nectar in a sauce pan, heat over low heat until liquidy.
- On a plate, arrange one layer of apples, intermingle Granny Smith and Fuji.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the mixture evenly over the apples.
- Top with almonds, pecan and dark chocolate.
- Repeat steps 3,4, and 5 until all ingredients are layered.
? Copyright 2013 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.