Asparagus Spears with Lemon-Basil Yogurt Sauce
Asparagus is a great anti-aging and detox our system vegetable. It is high in potassium, vitamin A, folate and glutathione. Glutathione is a potent antioxidant that protect cells from free radicals.
- 1 Pound asparagus spears
- ? cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ? teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ? teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cook in boiling water to cover 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Immediately put asparagus into ice water; drain.
- Combine yogurt and remaining ingredients. Serve over asparagus.
Serves 4 (serving size: ? of asparagus and 2 tablespoons of sauce).
? Copyright 2013 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.