Asparagus with Ginger-Miso Butter
Asparagus is packed with antioxidants that help the body neutralize cell damaging free radicals. One of these antioxidants is glutathione, which is needed in people with advanced Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome.
- 1 lb. Asparagus – remove the fibrous end
- ? cup water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp white miso
- 1/2 tsp ginger – grated
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Put ? cup water in a 10? frying pan. Bring to boil.
- Add asparagus, cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Drain the water.
- In a small frying pan, low heat, melt the butter, add the ginger and garlic, stir fry until fragrant. Add in the miso, mix well.
- Pour the mixtures in step #4 to the asparagus.
- Add the sesame oil.
- Stir the asparagus to mix everything.
Yield – 2
? Copyright 2014 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.