Baked Sweet Potatoes Rounds with Pecans
This snack is full of antioxidants and it will make a great snack to keep you energize in the late afternoon and to balance blood sugar.
- 1 big round sweet potato (orange meat) or yam, or 3 medium size, wash n dry.
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp crushed red chili
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ? 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch rounds. Make 8 large rounds or 16 medium size rounds. Discard ends.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the slices on the baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the toppings. Add enough olive oil so the mixture stick together.
- Spread the topping mixture onto the sweet potato slices. Press gently.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender and the topping is crunchy.
- Serve hot.
? Copyright 2013 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.