Beef Meatballs with Asian Sauce
This is a high protein snack that you can make a bunch and keep in an air tight container. When you want to eat as a snack, warm it up in the oven for a few minutes and spoon the sauce over the meatballs.
- 1 ? cup oatmeal, soaked in water for 30 minutes, and drained well.
- 1 lb. grass fed organic lean ground beef
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/4 tsp. ground fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2?cup thinly-sliced green onions (roughly 3 stalks)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
Asian Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup?hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp.?sesame oil
- 1/4 cup?rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground fresh ginger
- Sesame Seed and chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a?large bowl, mix together meatball ingredients until well-combined. Best to use your hand and knead the mixture.
- Shape into 2-inch balls, and place on a greased?baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until meatballs are golden and done on the inside.
- While the meatball is baking, Mix together all of the sauce ingredients until blended.
- Once meatballs have finished cooking, dip each meatball individually (using a toothpick) in the sauce mixture.
- Serve warm, and sprinkle with additional sesame seed and parsley.
? Copyright 2014 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.