Blended Tomato Soup
Lycopene is the most well known anti-oxidant found in cooked tomatoes. Studies have shown the benefits of lycopene in preventing cancer, heart disease as well as high cholesterol.
- Group A:
- 2-3 cup Dorine Soup Base 1 (hot)
- 1/2 cup pre-soaked nuts
- Group B:
- 4 organic tomatoes – cubed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil or grape seed oil
- Mushroom extract seasoning
- Put in Vitamix:
- Blend Group A ingredients until smooth.
- Add Group B ingredients: Lightly Blend on low – still leave chunks.
- For people that want to lose weight – cut down or cut off oil.
- For people that has allergies or cancer, Substitute sea salt for mushroom extract seasoning in the tomato soup. Add more garlic as desired. Use flax seed oil instead of olive oil.
© Copyright 2012 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.