Complete Meal Veggie Bake
This recipe has vegetables, grains and legumes, a complete meal in itself.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup millet, soaked 30 minutes, drain
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp freshly minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup canned garbanzo bean
- 1/3 cup lentils
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 8 oz new potatoes, quartered
- 8 oz broccoli, chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Oil a large baking dish.
- In a large sauce pan, medium heat, sauté Ingredients A until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add cabbage, sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add Ingredients C and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add Ingredients D, bring to boil, cover and simmer for around 20 minutes. If needed add more water to prevent burning.
- Stir in Ingredients E.
- Transfer all ingredients into the oiled baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
© Copyright 2015 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.