Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese
It is a healthy dish when green leafy vegetables are added to the regular macaroni and cheese.
- 3 cups gluten-free macaroni
- ½ head Napa Cabbage – coarsely chopped
- 1 cup organic Bok Choy or other greens – coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4oz. New Zealand Grass Fed Sharp Cheddar Cheese – cut into thin slices or small cubes.
- 1 oz. Organic String Cheese – cut into small cubes.
- 1 cup almond milk – see preparation below
- Prepare macaroni per instruction on package.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok, add the coconut oil and the vegetables. Stir fry the vegetables.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir.
- Add ½ -1 cup water., cover and cook for 5 – 10 mins. Add more water as needed.
- Add almond milk, macaroni and cheese. Stir until well mixed.
- Add water if you want to be more runny. The dish will thicken as it sit.
To make almond milk:
Put in a VitaMix blender – 1 cup soaked organic raw almonds, 2 cups hot water – blend until smooth. Refrigerate.