Healthy Chia Coconut Milk Pudding Snack
Chia seeds are easier to digest and use than flax seeds. It is also high in Omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds can form a bulky gel by absorbing 10 times their weight in water, so it has been known to reduce food cravings and help ones feel full faster making an excellent snack.
- 1 can of regular coconut milk,
- 1 can water
- 3-in ginger – peeled and slice
- 6 small sticks cinnamon
- 3 whole star anise
- 4 whole cloves
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2/3 cupgolden chia seeds
1/2 cup cranraisins
- Put all Group A ingredients in a medium size pot, bring to boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off fire and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Strain out the spices.
- Stir in Group B ingredients – mix well, so there are no clumps.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Spoon into small glass. Top with mixed berries (frozen or fresh) as desired.
© Copyright 2014 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.