Juicing Pulp Pancakes
Ever wonder what to do with all of that leftover pulp from juicing? There are still many good nutrients remaining in the pulps as well as fiber. Here is a recipe to use some of the pulp.
- 2 cups vegetable pulp from the juicing. Make sure you remove lemon or lime pulp. Good combinations are beets, carrots, chards or beet greens, celery, cucumber, and bell pepper.
- 6 small organic eggs
- 1 cup Gluten-Free pancake mix
- 1 – 1.5 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Add enough almond milk so the mixture is pourable, yet not too liquid.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat until hot.
- Add 1 tbsp grape seed oil.
- Using a large spoon, drop the vegetable pancake batter into the skillet.
- Spread it out. Cook till golden.
- Flip to the other side and cook till golden.
Serve with any savory spread, such as butter, salsa, and hummus.
© Copyright 2013 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.