Leeks with Lemon and Garlic
Leeks, together with onions and garlics, belong to the Allium vegetables. And this group of vegetables has been shown to support many health problems related to oxidative stress and chronic low-level inflammation.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
1 lemon cut in wedge for garnish
- To prepare Leeks – Trim off the top 1/3 of the green leaves, cut the roots. Split lengthwise in half. Slightly open the leaves and thoroughly wash to remove the debris and dirt in between the leaves. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Mix Ingredients B together in a bowl
- Brush oil on a cookie sheet or large ovenproof dish.
- Place the leeks inside, single layer, opened like fans.
- Drizzle Ingredients B over the leeks.
- Pour over Ingredients C.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve the leeks on flat plate; pour remaining cooking liquid over the leeks.
- Serve and garnish with the lemon pieces.
© Copyright 2015 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.