Maple Chipotle Corn and Asparagus Salad
This asparagus salad can be eaten warm or cold.
- 2 tsp expeller pressed
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into two-inch strips
- 2 ears fresh corn, shaved off kernels
- 3/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/7 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Pistachios
- 2 Tbsp cranraisins
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- In a medium frying pan, add coconut oil. Heat over medium heat.
- Add in the asparagus. Cover with lid and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the corn and Seasoning #1. Cover with lid again and shake pan to disperse steam and oil.
- Add in Seasoning #2.
- Cook uncovered until the liquid has absorbed into the veggies or steamed off. Stir occasionally.
- Add in Ingredients #3. Mix well. Cook for a minute or so.
- Do not overcook the vegetables.
- Remove from heat and toss with nutritional yeast. Serve.
© Copyright 2014 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.