Roasted Onions with Walnuts Crumbs
- 2 large sweet white onions, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 tbsp. ground walnuts, toasted and ground
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp. ground thyme
- Heat oven to 450°.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, brush the onion slices liberally with oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 mins until soft and lightly caramelized, about 15 minutes. Turning once, try not to break the onion apart.
- While the onion is baking, stir together the toppings ingredients in a small bowl.
- When the onion is lightly browned, take it out of the oven. Divide the toppings equally all the onion slices have a fair amount of toppings. Spread evenly.
- Continue baking until topping is golden brown, about 15 minutes more.
© Copyright 2013 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.