- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed, squeeze out all water
- 1 cup soaked and drained oatmeal (can use gluten free oatmeal)
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 cup sweet white onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup shredded raw cheese (may use cottage cheese)
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cold expeller pressed coconut oil for pan-frying.
- Soak 1-cup dry oatmeal in water for one hour. Drain well.
- Make sure all the water is squeezed out of the frozen spinach.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Form the spinach mixture into burger-sized patties.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium fire.
- Add coconut oil.
- Pan-fry each patty until golden brown. Around 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Serve as the main dish or as a sandwich filling.
© Copyright 2014 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.