Chapter 12 - What's Ahead
Science is moving at a rapid pace in many areas of human and planetary. Not the least of these areas is Anti-aging Medicine. In fact, propelled by human's keen stake in mortality, the scientific community is moving quickly towards establishing immortality, however that will be defined or established. Our knowledge in the field of Anti-aging Medicine is doubling every 3-5 years. The explosion of knowledge, coupled with advance technology, will push the field of Anti-aging Medicine into the forefront of one of the most demanded and needed field in medicine. The key in staying young is not to get sick. If you are sick, the good news is that high-tech medicine is just around the corner that can help you get well, if you are in a good enough shape to receive it.
Lets take a look at what is in development stages and what the future holds in the field of anti-aging. Some really remarkable possibilities exist and are, to repeat a cliche, mind-blowing! Let's start in the year 2005 -
- Biomarker assays on the rate of human aging will allow anti-aging physicians to accurately monitor each patient's aging process and to customize a program best suited for the patient.
- Ongoing experiments in diet restriction in monkeys and now in humans will give us even more concrete answers on the underlying mechanism of aging and point the way toward a doubling of the average life span that is now attained in experimental animals.
- Surgically implanted contact lenses will be available. Laser treatment for myopia becomes more affordable and more widespread.
- Male contraceptive vaccine that neutralizes sperm's fertilizing capacity may be available.
- For those born in 2005, their life expectancy is 80 years, but medical development could push the average life span up to 130 years.
- With advances in materials and techniques, you will be able to shape your smile exactly the way you want it.
- The Human Genome Project will have been completed and all human genes will have been mapped. Genetic therapy will be thrust into the forefront of medicine and cures will be available for sickle cell anemia, metabolic disorders, and gene-based cancers.
- Face transplant will become an option for consideration in reconstructive surgery.
- Lab grown breast tissue (soft tissue without the structures like milk ducts) will be available to replace breast lost to cancer.
- Vaccine for AIDS will be available
- 10 times as many people are expected to reach their 100th birthday as in year 2000.
- Physical immortality will be a reality as the advent of human cloning permits total body replacement using your original model or one designed to your specification.
- Replacement parts for our aging body will be available, from artificial eyes, ears, hips and knees that last for 50 years instead of the present 10.
- Intellectual immortality will be possible through multiple memory psyche-chips about the size of a pinhead that will store the lifetime contents of an individual's thoughts, feelings, and memories. Books already enable us to do this.
- Live births from embryos developed outside the body in an artificial womb will be available for those who are infertile.
If you want to benefit from any or all of these technological breakthroughs, you must first be around and in good health. Without good health, your body may not be the suitable candidate, even when the breakthroughs are available.
The key question is to ask yourself "What specific steps can I do NOW about this disease called Aging and how can I prepare myself for the future of medicine?" The following are some general tips:
- If you are in your over 40's to 60's, the thing to do now is to use the best anti-aging knowledge has to offer to minimize the damage to DNA. This is the only way to buy time and prepare yourself so that you will be able to benefit from anti-aging therapies on the horizon. This is the bridging formula that will get you to the future.
- Starting today, follow the anti-aging lifestyle characterized by the five proven secrets outlined in this book. They are proven techniques used by many anti-aging physicians now on a daily basis. If you have never been on a healthy lifestyle, give yourself one to two years to get accustomed to it. Don't try to do everything all at once and getting burned out after a few short months. Anti-programs are life-long commitments.
Things to do:
- Get onto a nutritional supplement program optimized for anti-aging purposes.
- Eat a balanced anti-aging Mediterranean diet.
- Get started in a precision anti-aging exercise program, preferably at least 3 times a week and 45 minutes each time.
- Meditate at least 5 minutes a day.
- After you have done the above for 3 months consistently and if you don't feel any improvement, consult an anti-aging physician. You may need hormonal replacement therapy or further check up.
- If you are currently on medication or have medical problems, always check with your physician first before embarking on an anti-aging program.
It takes time to limit cellular damage. Your body has been damaged through the years from environmental insults and stressors of daily life, not to mention internal insults from modern day diet most people live on, such as fast foods and excessive consumption of sugar. Cellular repair is a slow process. The earlier you start, regardless of what age you are now, the better your chances of living longer. Its never too late. Don't count yourself out.
By reading this book, you now know that the five proven secrets of age reversal is real. Many are practicing such a program with incredible transformation of their body and mind.
Anti-aging is not about building body or looking good only. Its about a new life-style where you are in balance and in total harmony with nature. As with any program, many will start and some will encounter adversity and dropped off the program for one reason or another.
Some of those who quit may not be able to get back on for various reasons. By and large, many of us may have temporary distractions which are normal part of daily living and to be expected. At the end of the day, those who know that this life-style is what they want will continue on. Those who are not sure may be distracted. It really comes down to our character. Those who have the courage to succeed in spite of adversity become an inspiration to others. These are the leaders as they are have already budgeted adversity in their plan. It is normal. Because of this healthy mentality, they take life in stride and never gives up.
Every obstacle becomes an opportunity for us to gather more inner strength. It's the same inner strength that allows you to deal with other adversities that will surely come your way.
- Promise yourself that you will finish what you start, no matter what happens. Tell yourself that it is one promise that you will make to yourself and show that you can keep a promise.
- Focus on progress and not perfection. Don't compare yourself to others, no matter who they are. You are unique and you only have to be accountable to yourself and nobody else. There are no perfect bodies in this world. There are only imperfect bodies that has a will to improve. One good way to remind yourself of your progress is to measure your progress often, starting with daily notes in your dairy to periodic objective measurements of the various components of anti-aging as outlined in this book.
- Help others and they will help you. One of the greatest rewards of life is to share what you have with those around you. Only by sharing do you really internalize your beliefs and your commitment. Knowing that we will experience adversity from time to time, the best way to keep on course is to have a support group. Share your positive thoughts with your friends. Encourage those who are just starting out if you have more experience in the program. They will in turn encourage you during your "down days".