Broccoli Leek Soup
This broccoli leek soup is a good snack or for use at breakfast with Ezekiel bread or rice crackers.
- 2 medium leek, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 cups broccoli, separate stem and florets
- 1 medium organic sweet potato or yam, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a stockpot, Stir fry leek, oil, butter and broccoli stem and garlic over medium heat. 5 mins. Stirring constantly.
- Add broccoli florets and sweet potato.
- Add enough water to cover all the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer 5 minutes.
- Transfer the soup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Reheat soup in stockpot.
- Serve and garnish with chives.
For people with estrogen dominance or thyroid issues, limit the use of broccoli to 2 times per week.
? Copyright 2014 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.