Cauliflower Snack Strips
Great snacks for those who need to eat frequently because of hypoglycemia.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, grated in the food processor
- 2 small organic eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp ground oregano
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, then line with parchment paper on top of the foil. Brush the parchment paper with olive oil.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture onto the parchment paper. Spread evenly out to about 1-inch thick. Square off the edges so it looks like a rectangle or square.
- Brush the whole rectangle with olive oil.
- Bake for 40 minutes until brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven, pick up one side of the parchment paper and flip it over on the baking sheet. Peel off the parchment paper.
- Cut to 1-inch wide x 4-in long strips (approximate size).
- Put back in the oven under broil for 3 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven, let it cool down, and serve.
- You can eat it plain or with dipping sauce.
? Copyright 2014 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.