Chickpeas (Garbanzo) Snack
A nutritious snack recipe that is high in protein.
- 1 (15-oz) can organic Garbanzo or chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- 1 tbsp expeller pressed coconut oil.
- 2 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground crushed red pepper
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Make sure it is well drained.
- Add the drained chickpeas to the skillet.
- Fry the chickpeas, stirring every so often, over medium heat.
- After two minutes, stir in the seasoning mix.
- Stir frequently and making sure they don’t burn. They should be golden and lightly charred in some parts.
? Copyright 2015 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.