Couscous with Vegetables
Couscous is a small pasta made of semolina, a form of wheat. For those that are sensitive to gluten or wheat you can substitute the couscous with Quinoa.
Harissa paste is a Maghrebian hot chili pepper paste made out of several kinds of peppers, spices and herbs including garlic paste, coriander seed or caraway.
- 2 small eggplant or Japanese eggplant, thickly sliced
- 2 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-in cubes
- 2 medium red onions cut into 1/2 inch wedge
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/8 cup couscous
- 300ml cold water
- 1 ? cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp Harissa paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro / coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat over to 450?F (230?C).
- Put Ingredients A in a large roasting tin and mix well.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Put Ingredients B in another roasting tin and soak for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Ingredients C and mix well.
- Pop into the oven next to the vegetables and bake for 4-5 minutes or warm through.
- Mix together the couscous and vegetables. Stir through.
- Stir in Ingredients D.
? Copyright 2015 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.