Cream Cheese Chicken Casserole
Ingredient A (have them ready by the stove):
- 1 tablespoon Grapeseed oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (can be done in Food Processor)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 (8-ounce) container sliced button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 1 cup chopped leek (can be done in Food Processor)
- ½ cup chopped celery (can be done in Food Processor)
- ½ cup chopped carrot (can be done in Food Processor)
- ¼ cup cooking wine (have it ready by the stove)
- 3 cups cooked blend together brown rice, wild rice and quinoa. (prepared ahead)
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- ? cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1¼ cups toasted quinoa
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Ingredients A: Add one by one:
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and corn starch; cook 2 minutes.
- Gradually add stock, stirring constantly; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in rest of Ingredients A
- Heat another saucepan over medium heat. Add Ingredients B.
- Add Ingredients C, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooking wine; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add Ingredients A, B, C, D together. Toss to combine.
- Scrape mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Put 1 ¼ cups quinoa in a skillet and toast over medium heat. Stir constantly. Toast until golden brown.
- Add butter to the quinoa. Mix well, turn off heat.
- Sprinkle evenly over the chicken casserole when it comes out of the oven.
© Copyright 2015 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.