Gluten Free Pizza!
Gluten Free Pizza Crust:
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Fresh Rosemary
- ? cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- ? Japanese (long) eggplant, sliced thin
- 1 yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- Fresh basil leaves
- Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1 cup homemade marinara sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Use a spoon to mix all Crust ingredients together until it becomes very thick.
- Use your hands, form the dough into a ball.
- Lightly grease a pizza pan with olive oil.
- Place the ball of dough in the center of the pizza pan.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap on top of the pizza dough. Flatten the ball of dough and gently push the dough outward toward the rim of the pizza pan.Your hand should be clean, because you are using the plastic wrap to help you flatten the dough the whole time. You want to make the dough as thin as possible. Your pizza should cover the whole pizza tray with one inch to spare all around.
- Bake JUST the crust in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is cooking, prepare the toppings.
- Make the sauce – Heat a frying pan, add oil, onion, Italian Seasonings and tomato paste. Fry until oil turns red. Add in the tomato sauce. Cook for 5 more minutes. Put aside one cup for the pizza. Refrigerate the rest for future use.
- After the crust if done, remove from the oven and evenly spread the marinara sauce over the crust.
- Add the toppings evenly over the sauce and bake again for an additional 25-30 minutes.
? Copyright 2014 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.