Green Beans, Zucchini and Toasted Garlic
Garlic?s antioxidant properties promote the well-being of the heart and immune systems and helps?maintain healthy blood circulation.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2-3 Green, Yellow or both zucchini sliced
- 1-2 Teaspoons of butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
- 4-8 Garlic Cloves (thinly sliced, or chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add beans; cook 5 minutes. Plunge beans into ice water;?drain.
- Repeat with the Zucchini.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and oil; swirl until butter melts. Add garlic;?saut? for 30 seconds. Remove garlic; set aside. Add beans and zucchini; sprinkle with salt and pepper?(Johnny?s seasoning salt is an option also). Cook 2 minutes, tossing frequently. Top with garlic.
? Copyright 2013 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.