Grilled Eggplant Fan
- 3 Asian Eggplants
- 2 medium organic tomatoes
- 1 large organic red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Thinly sliced the eggplant lengthwise from 2-inches from the head to the end. Split to 4-5 slices. DO NOT cut all the way to the head; leave around 2 inches from the top.
- Liberally rub salt to each eggplant slices. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut the rest of the vegetables into thin (1/2-inch) slices.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together the Sauce Ingredients.
- Towel dry the eggplant slices.
- Flatten the eggplant head by smashing it.
- Place the eggplant on a baking sheet.
- Slip the vegetables between each eggplant slices. (Eggplant, tomato, eggplant, onion, eggplant, bell pepper, eggplant).
- Spoon 2/3 the Sauce evenly onto the eggplants.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until soft.
- Before serving, add the rest of the Sauce onto the eggplant.
© Copyright 2014 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.