Kale and Sweet Potato Chicken Patties Snack
- 2 stalks green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ? tsp salt
- ? medium yam, cut into small cubes
- 2 ? cups kale leaves, finely chopped in a food processor.
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or thigh
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- ? tsp mustard
- 5 stalks Italian Parsley
- 1 large organic egg
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Add green onions. Stir and cook until tender.
- Add the yam and ? cup water. Stir. Cover and cook until the yam is almost tender. Add more water as needed.
- Stir in the kale until wilted. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a food processor, grind the chicken; you may need to use the pulse from time to time. Add in the cooked green onion, yam, and kale. Also add in the rest of the ingredients listed above. Pulse and mix well in the food processor.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Use a tablespoon to drop a large ball in the skillet. Flatten with a spatula to make a patty. Cook until golden brown. Flip to the other side and cook until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with guacamole or chili sauce.
? Copyright 2014 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.