Low Glycemic Pumpkin Oatmeal
Oatmeal and pumpkin are low in glycemic index. So pumpkin oatmeal is an ideal food for breakfast to give you a boost to jump-start the day. You can add some nuts if you like.
- ? cup brown rice, soaked overnight
- 2 cups pumpkin ? cut into ?? cubes
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 1 stalk green onion ? chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a medium size pot, add brown rice, 500ml water and cook in high heat till boil, then turn to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and cook in low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add oatmeal and cook in low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add green onion and salt.
? Copyright 2015 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.