Mushroom Millet Porridge
You can use any kind of mushroom for this recipe. Mushrooms contain many powerful antioxidants to help battle the free radicals damages in your body. It is also rich in B vitamins which help to provide energy by breaking down fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
- ½ cup fresh mushroom, slice
- ¼ cup Brown Rice – soaked overnight
- ½ cup millet – soaked overnight
- Spring onion – chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pour boiling water to the mushroom slices. Drained.
- In a medium size cook pot, add 4 cups water, rice and millet. Bring to boil in high heat.
- Turn down heat, simmer till rice is cooked. Add more water if needed.
- Add salt and mushroom. Cook 5 more minutes.
- Add chopped spring onion to porridge. Serve.
© Copyright 2015 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.