Oatmeal with Walnut and Apple
A study showed that eating walnuts along with a Mediterranean diet may protect the brain functions from declining with age. Walnuts have been shown to have more antioxidants than other nuts.
- 1 cup organic rolled oatmeal
- ½ cup soaked organic raw walnuts – coarsely chopped
- ½ organic apple – coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups water
- raw honey to taste
- almond milk (optional) – see instruction below to make almond milk
- Put oats, walnuts, apple , coconut oil and water into a medium pot.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- When ready to eat add honey and almond milk.
This recipe can be eaten cold.
To make almond milk:
Put in a VitaMix blender – 1 cup soaked organic raw almonds, 2 cups hot water – blend until smooth. Refrigerate.