Sweet Potato Rolls
Sweet Potato contains unique root storage proteins that have been observed to have significant antioxidant capacities. It is also low in glycemic index.
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Clean and scrub 3-4 organic sweet potatoes and 2organic carrots.
3. Bake sweet potatoes and carrots for 50 minutes.
4. Remove the pulp from the skin of the sweet potato. Chop up the skin.
5. Mash together the sweet potatoes and carrots, and the chopped up the skin.
6. Mix in the following: 1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup fresh dill, minced
1/3 cup fresh basil, minced
1 T sea salt Dash of cayenne 7.Prepare Additional Ingredients for rolling the Rolls
8 Nori Sheets
12 Red Leaf Lettuce Leaves
1 Japanese Cucumbers - cut into cucumber sticks.
1 avocado, cut into thin wedges
1 cup sprouts
Lay out one sheet of nori on a plate.
Place lettuce on the nori sheet.
Spread the 2 tbsp of the Mash Sweet Potato mixture on the lettuce.
Add cucumber, avocado and sprouts.
Roll tightly and serve immediately with Wasabe and soy sauce.
- Detoxifying Beet Soup
- Beet detoxifies the liver, gallbladder, and kidneys. It is high in iron to help combats anemia.
- Korean Cold Noodle
- The key to seasoning in oriental cooking is to adjust the seasonings to your taste. The seasoning here is for suggestions. You need to add enough, so that the Korean glass noodles are totally coated.
- Soup Base
- These two recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in glass jars in the fridge. I find it quite tasty to use this soup base to blend with raw vegetables to create a cream soup. It is full of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients for the body. I use soup Base 1 when the raw vegetables are darker in color, such as green and red. Soup base 2 is for light vegetables, such as onions, yellow bell peppers, and potatoes.
- Dr. Lam's Cream
- This is a non-dairy cream. Great for those who are lactose intolerance. On top of that, it is high in fiber.
© 2017 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.