Yogurt contains a host of "good" bacteria that helps improve your digestive system. Yogurt is also a good source of calcium.
1) 1 cup organic whole milk plain yogurt.
2) 1/2 English Cucumber, finely chopped.
3) 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint.
4) Sea salt and pepper to taste.
5) Mix all ingredients together.
Keep chilled in refrigerator.
Suggestions for use:
1. Snack: You can eat this yogurt dish alone with some crackers, carrot sticks or celery sticks.
2. Topping or sauce: You can also use this as a sauce for a lamb dish.
3. Meal: Great light dish for dinner with some walnuts or pistachios added to it.
- Detoxifying Beet Soup
- Beet detoxifies the liver, gallbladder, and kidneys. It is high in iron to help combats anemia.
- Korean Cold Noodle
- The key to seasoning in oriental cooking is to adjust the seasonings to your taste. The seasoning here is for suggestions. You need to add enough, so that the Korean glass noodles are totally coated.
- Soup Base
- These two recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in glass jars in the fridge. I find it quite tasty to use this soup base to blend with raw vegetables to create a cream soup. It is full of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients for the body. I use soup Base 1 when the raw vegetables are darker in color, such as green and red. Soup base 2 is for light vegetables, such as onions, yellow bell peppers, and potatoes.
- Dr. Lam's Cream
- This is a non-dairy cream. Great for those who are lactose intolerance. On top of that, it is high in fiber.
© 2017 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.