Vegetable Pesto Pasta
Learn how to cook a healthy italian meal that not only is good for your body but taste delicious as well.
2 small zucchini - cut into strips
1 small bunch asparagus - cut into small strips
1 bunch of green beans - cut into sections
1 package whole wheat penne pasta
1 cup fresh Italian Parsley leaves
1/3 cup fresh tarragon leaves
10 cup fresh basil leaves
1 clove garlic
1 tsp lemon zest
1/3 cup roasted pine nuts
1 1/4 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese
1 tsp sea Salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1) Cook whole wheat pasta, when 3/4 ways done, add the vegetables and cook for another 3-5 minutes for crunchy veggies, 5-7 minutes for well done veggies.
2) Save 2 cups liquid.
3) In food processor, add all ingredients for sauce
4) Turn on low speed, as it process the ingredients, add 1/2 cup EVOO slowly until the ingredients stick to the side.
5) When ready to serve, add the reserved liquid to the pesto sauce on a dish.
6) Add in the pasta n veggies.
7) Mix well.
8) Top with more Parmesan cheese, salt to taste.
1) For Adrenal Fatigue: a lot of people can't tolerate wheat, you can use gluten-free pasta instead
2) For Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome: Double the amount of veggies, cut down 50% on pasta.
© 2017 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.