Oatmeal with Walnut and Apple
A study showed that eating walnuts along with a Mediterranean diet may protect the brain functions from declining with age. Walnuts have been shown to have more antioxidants than other nuts.
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup soaked organic raw walnuts - coarsely chopped
- 1/2 organic apple - coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups water
- raw honey to taste
- almond milk (optional) - see instruction below to make almond milk
- Put oats, walnuts, apple , coconut oil and water into a medium pot.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- When ready to eat, add honey and almond milk.
This recipe can be eaten cold.
To Make Almond Milk
Put in a VitaMix blender - 1 cup soaked organic raw almonds, 2 cups hot water - blend until smooth. Refrigerate.
Article ID: ROM
© 2013 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.