Red Bean Black Sesame Seed Porridge
Black sesame seeds are good at nourishing the liver and kidney, anti-aging effect; improve hair growth and hair color. In a comprehensive writings in the history of Traditional Chinese medicine, we find the use of black sesame seeds as follows: “Taking black sesame seeds can heal all the chronic illness after 100 days, improve skin tone on body and face after 1 year, reverse gray hair after 2 years, and regrow teeth after 3 years.”
- ? cup red beans ? soaked over night
- ? cup brown rice ? soaked overnight
- ? cup black sesame seeds, toasted
- Brown Sugar
- Drained the red beans and brown rice.
- In a non-stick pan, stir fry black sesame in medium heat until fragrant / done.
- In large pot, put in drained red beans, brown rice, brown sugar and enough water to cook. Cook in high heat until done. Check the water level every 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add in cooked sesame seeds to porridge.
? Copyright 2015 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.