The chili adds color and the garlic adds flavor to this simple recipe.
- 1 small to medium head Cauliflower, separate the florets
- 1 head broccoli florets
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried Red Chili, grind in a coffee grinder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt to taste
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Put the cauliflower and broccoli in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together garlic, chili, curry powder, salt & olive oil.
- Sprinkle over the cauliflower, toss gently to mix together and coat well.
- Spread the seasoned florets in a cookie sheet.
- Roast until tender, stirring occasionally. Depending on the oven, it may be take between 45 mins – 1 hr 25 mins. If you like your vegetable crunchy, you can take it out at 30-45 minutes. It is much faster with a convection oven.
- When done, remove from oven. Dress with lime juice. Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.
If you have estrogen dominance or thyroid issues, you need to limit the intake of cauliflower and broccoli.
© Copyright 2013 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.