Spaghetti Squash “Mac and Cheese”
You can use this mac and cheese as a main dish or a side dish. The spaghetti squash is a wheat free substitute for the pasta.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 medium leek, white and light green part – thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen edamame
- 1 tbsp organic cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp basil leaves
- 1 cup raw cheese, reserve ¼ cup for garnish
- Chopped green onion (optional)
Preparation of the Spaghetti Squash:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut spaghetti squash length wise in half. Scrape out the seeds.
- Place spaghetti squash face down in a large baking dish and bake for 40-60 minutes.
- Scrape the flesh from the peel; it should flake off easily in strings.
- Set the squash aside.
Cooking the rest of the ingredients:
- Mix Ingredients B together in a bowl.
- Heat a medium size saucepan.
- Stir-fry Ingredients A together until tender.
- Stir Ingredients B before pouring into saucepan.
- Add in spaghetti Squash. Mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remainder ¼ cup cheese on top.
- Bake under the broiler until cheese turn golden brown.
- Top with chopped green onion. Serve.
© Copyright 2014 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.