Spicy Roasted Cashews Snack
This recipe gives an interesting twist to cashew nuts, adding the fragrance of fresh herbs. It is a great snack to take to help stabilize blood sugar.
- 2 lbs Raw Cashews (Whole or bits)
- ? cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary (or any other fresh herbs like dill, thyme, sage), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the cashew nuts, single layer, in a large cookie sheet.
- Bake until slightly golden brown, approximately 7-9 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil in low heat. Add the Seasonings.
- Pour the seasoned coconut oil to the cashew nuts and stir until all the nuts are evenly coated.
Time: 15 minutes
? Copyright 2014 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.