Spinach with Eggs
To peel and remove the seeds of the tomatoes helps remove the possible bitter taste the peel and seeds can contain. Recent research has found an important connection between lycopene?s antioxidant properties may reduce risk of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, dice
- 2 tbsp olive or coconut oil or butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 fresh chile (optional), seeded, finely chopped
- 2 ? pound (1 kg) leaf spinach
- 1/3 cup water
4 eggs, whisk with salt and pepper to taste
- To peel Tomatoes ? Bring a Medium pot of water to boil. Fill another bowl with ice and water, set it next to the stove. Remove the stems from the tomatoes and slice a shallow ?X? at the bottom.
Drop the tomatoes into the boiling water. The skins of the tomatoes should start wrinkle and split around 45-60 seconds. Scoop up the tomatoes and transfer them to the ice water bath and leave for 5-10 minutes.
Peel off the skin and seed.
- In a large frying pan, add Ingredients B. Stir-fry over medium high heat until lightly brown.
- Add in Tomatoes and Ingredients C. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring continuously, until the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in Ingredients D. Remove from the heat and adjust the seasoning to taste.
? Copyright 2015 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.