Spinach is high in calcium, folate, iron, vitamin C, carotene, potassium and fiber. It is also rich in antioxidants to help reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease, cataracts and strokes. The sun-dried tomatoes will help the body to absorb the iron content of the spinach.
Raw version (mixed together)
- Organic Baby Spinach – chopped
- Organic Firm Tofu – Cubed – Add some sea salt and pepper
- White onion – chopped fine
- Sun-Dried Tomato – chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
Cooked version (make enough for the number of people serve)
- Saute onion in grape seed oil.
- Add organic frozen spinach, defrosted and squeeze out all excess water
- Add Sun-dried Tomato.
- Add Cubed organic Firm Tofu – gently stir
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Wrapping the Roll
- Dip Rice Paper in the warm water until it is soft. Take Rice Paper out of the water and lay it on a plate.
- Put the spinach mixture in the bottom 1/3 of the wrap
- Fold the bottom wrap up; roll it up to 3/4.
- Fold in the two ends. Roll to the end.
- This will make it into a large spring roll.
- For those with Estrogen Dominance and Hypothyroid – you may want to substitute Tofu with Tempeh (fermented tofu)
- For Diabetic – instead of sugar for the sauce, use stevia powder
? Copyright 2012 Michael Lam, M.D. All Rights Reserved.